My blog has been created to document my time studying for my BA (Hons) Professional Practice at Middlesex University

Thursday 23 September 2010

Hyperlinks.

So below is another version of my professional profile that is now small enough to fit in the profile box. I've decided to post it again here though because Rosemary mentioned something really interesting in a comment she left me. She said that it's an advantage of blogs to be able to hyperlink to other sites. I think this is such a good idea because the background information gives your work more context. So I've tried it out below. What do you think?

I am professional musical theatre performer. My credits include Angel in Rent; Molina in Kiss of the Spider Woman; Ensemble, cover Goran in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang; and The Diction Teacher, cover Cosmo in Singin' in the Rain
Theatre captured my imagination as a child leading me to perform in Oliver! at the London Palladium at just 13. My love grew so I became a member of the OYMT, the NYMT and the Central School of Ballet. I found that the art of playing, exploring and finally creating something that transported the audience and ultimately impacted their lives was incomparable. 
I trained at Arts Ed London, graduating in 2003 with a National Diploma in Professional Dance (Musical Theatre). It is due to the strength and diversity of this course and its teachers that I have survived in such a precarious profession. 
I intend to continue performing but ideally in less danced based, more character driven shows. I also want to teach on a vocational course bringing my up-to-date knowledge of the profession to my students. I currently teach beginners ballet for adults and hope to expand this. 
My BA (Hons) Professional Practice will give me the tools I need to achieve my career goals.

2 comments:

  1. What a good idea. I found it challenging to condensed my profile into the profile box, but shall now try to make hyperlinks as well. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've opened up a whole new world of hyperlinks for me, great idea! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete