My blog has been created to document my time studying for my BA (Hons) Professional Practice at Middlesex University

Friday 17 September 2010

Help please :)

Can anyone who's free please read the blog below on my professional profile and tell me what you think. It was originally about double the length and I have edited it so much but it is still too long to fit in the profile box. Please say which bits you think I should get rid of because I've been staring at it for too long and have lost all perspective. It has made me aware of how challenging the project at the end of this module will be though. Only seven hundred and fifty words is going to mean a lot of editing. Thanks :)

4 comments:

  1. I had a read through, in my opinion its good. It is so hard to condense your life into a few paragraphs. From reading I would not edit out anymore as I feel it is all relevant. The bio section gives me a brief outlook through your past, an insight on your professional career and influential people or events that have occurred in your life. I am also clear what direction you would like to be heading into, and I can see what you hope to gain from the course and the intentions of on how you plan to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just read your professional profile and it was easy to read because it is focused and gets straight to the point. I don't think there are many bits you could take out as all the points are relevant. The only thing I would say that it didn't need was the list of subjects you had at arts ed. I think it was enough to say that you had a varied timetable which covered all aspects of the industry without listing every subject. I hope that helps a little bit. A very impressive profile though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the advantages of blogging is the ability to include hyperlinks within the text and you could have taken the opportunity to provide a link to shows etc you have been in. This would have enriched what is an already accomplished profile. Thank-you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Rosemary that's a really interesting idea that I had never even thought about. It would definitely improve the quality of the work by giving it more context. I'm going to give it a go now.

    ReplyDelete