My blog has been created to document my time studying for my BA (Hons) Professional Practice at Middlesex University

Tuesday 9 November 2010

Poem 6

'Alone and So Lonely'
http://g8.no/index.php?showimage=42
I wait.
Strip lights flicker high overhead.
Grey lights on a grey tiled floor.
Shoes echo, wheels rattle, someone coughs.
Distant voices,
As far away as the comfort they bring.

I pace up and down and then up again,
Trying to ignore the pain in my chest,
The dread rubbing the pit of my stomach,
The worry probing the back of my mind.

I wait.
I wait alone for it all to start.
Willing my self to be braver than I am.
Forcing myself to look forward not back.
Not too far forward.
Don’t miss the moment, don’t wish it away.

I slow my breath and rub my belly.
I swallow away the lump in my throat.
My neck aches, my eyes sting,
With the skin tight from the now dried tears.

I wait.
I eye the clock.
I practice the face I’ll use when it starts.
Preparing myself for the energy it takes.
All I want is the taste of Peach.

It’s nearly time but for now I wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment