My blog has been created to document my time studying for my BA (Hons) Professional Practice at Middlesex University

Friday 8 October 2010

YouTube Video.

So I've finally plucked up the courage to actually make my YouTube video. Who would have thought that making it would be such a big deal for an actor? I decided to make it very simple, just me talking, and I took my cue from Paula's video and included some of my aspirations. I am generally much more comfortable writing than talking so I am determined to get better at this throughout the course and may even keep a video diary of my thoughts.


Here is the link to my video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePCUwY3bPYU 

I decided to make the video unlisted which means only people with the link can access it. This means it doesn't appear in searches or on my channel. Perhaps when I'm more confident I'll make my videos completely public.


By the way if you want to see a video that is much more artistic then look at Joanna's.

3 comments:

  1. I really like the analogy of filming it in balck and white as a reflection of how you are feeling in relation to the course. Also, thanks for the infomation about putting it as unlisted. I am also not confident enough to have mine available for anyone to view so I did the same as you. It seems a bit ironic that we don't want anyone to see a video of us given the industry that we are in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark, you shouldn't have been nervous! You come across as a really warm person. You should be proud that you were brave enough to film yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark, I love your video. Its so personal and i agree with Alana, very warm! As well as showing you as an intelligent performer you get a sense of your welcoming personality too...
    Inspiring me to be a bit more personal in my next attempt to make a video.

    ReplyDelete